How to see frame rate per second (FPS) in GTA V?
Just like other PC games, there are plenty of options for displaying FPS when playing GTA V — without even having to install additional software.
One of the ways below you can follow!
#1 Windows 10 can display FPS in GTA V using Game Bar
Game Bar is a gaming feature in Windows 10 that can be used to display FPS in almost all games, including GTA V. Here’s how to activate it.
1. Press Windows+G on the keyboard to display the Game Bar like this.
2. Select tab FPS then click Request Access. Then confirm by selecting Yes.
3. Restart your computer to save the new settings.
4. Try playing GTA V and activate the Game Bar (Windows+G). The FPS tab should be active.
5. Click Performance optionsthen tick only on FPS just,
To make FPS appear persistent (sticky), click pin icon. You can also adjust the size and position of the FPS column using the mouse cursor. For example, I placed it in the top left corner.
Now you can see real-time FPS when playing GTA V.
#2 Use Steam’s built-in FPS feature
Especially for those who bought GTA V on Steam, this launcher already has a built-in FPS counter that can be activated easily.
1. Go to Steam > Settings.
2. Click In-Game > In-Game FPS counter > OK.
(Also make sure “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game” is checked)
3. Launch GTA V. FPS information will appear in the area you selected.
#3 Razer Cortex can also display FPS
Another option is to use Razer Cortex — a “must” software that can improve game performance, even for low-spec PCs.
1. Run Razer Cortexclick View Dashboard in GTA V.
2. Click Enable FPS Chart.
3. Check option Show FPS overlay while in-game and determine the location according to your taste.
4. Back to My Library and click Play to play the game.
5. Live FPS will appear in GTA V.
Based on my observations, FPS data from Razer Cortex is always significantly higher than Game Bar and Steam. I think the data generated by Razer Cortex is less reliable (at least as of this writing).
From the three options above, choose only one so they don’t overlap each other. I personally prefer Game Bar because it is a built-in program and is easy to customize.
Upgrading components is highly recommended for higher FPS, but you also need to know 5 Tips to Improve PC Game Performance Even Without Upgrading.