5 Effective Ways to Overcome “This site can’t be reached” in Google Chrome
Have you ever got an error message This site can’t be reached on Google Chrome?
Even though the condition of the internet is fine.
Even in other browsers or applications, the internet can still work normally without problems like what happened in Chrome.
Fix Your Connection Is Not Private …
Then, why can it happen?
The answer to this question is very complex however the solution is much easier. In the following, there are 5 ways to overcome this site can’t be reached in the desktop version of Google Chrome.
Method 1: Overcoming this site can’t be reached by restarting DNS
1. Click Start Menu then search View network status and tasks then open the program.
2. Click the internet network that you are using Connections.
3. Then click Properties.
4. Search Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP) then click Properties.
5. Enable Use the following DNS server addresses then enter DNS as follows:
Tick Validate settings upon exit then click OK.
6. Check Google Chrome again and see if the internet is now working.
This method has the highest probability of success. But if it doesn’t work on your computer, please follow the following alternative.
Method 2: Reset TCP/IP using Command Prompt
1. Open the Start Menu then search for Command Promptthen right-click and select Run as Administrator.
2. Enter the following commands one by one in the Command Prompt window then enter.
ipconfig /release ipconfig /all ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew netsh int ip set dns netsh winsock reset
Again, input one by one. For example ipconfig /release then press Enter, then proceed to ipconfig /all then Enter, and so on until netsh winsock reset. Each command takes a few moments to execute.
3. Restart your computer then see if Google Chrome is still experiencing similar problems or not.
Method 3: Restart DNS Client
1. Execute the Run program by pressing the button WINDOWS+R. Then type services. msc then click OK.
2. Search DNS Client then click button Restart on the left side of the panel.
3. Reopen Google Chrome and try visiting a website.
Method 4: Reset Google Chrome to initial settings
Resetting Google Chrome will return settings to default but will not delete saved passwords, bookmarks, history, and cache.
1. Click the three vertical dots icon in the upper right corner of the Chrome window then select it Settings (Settings).
2. Scroll down and click advanced (Advanced).
3. In the bottom column, click Restore settings to their original defaults (Restores settings to their original defaults).
4. Click Reset settings (Reset settings).
5. After Chrome is reset, try opening a certain website page to see the results.
This last method is the most recommended. In fact, Google specialists also recommend resetting Chrome in case of browser issues.
Method 5: Temporarily turn off antivirus
This option is fairly rare but it can still happen, I’ve even experienced it myself. Online games are still functioning normally but browsers, including Chrome, cannot be used.
Try to turn off the antivirus on your computer. Usually this option can be found in the menu system tray located on the Taskbar.
Unfortunately, every antivirus has a different look, so I can’t give the guide too much detail.
Try to report this problem to the antivirus developer. They would be more than happy to fix this kind of bug.
Well, those were some methods to fix “This site can’t be reached” problem in Google Chrome.
Which method worked for you?