There are not many default fonts available in Windows 10, but you can always add to the list of fonts that can be used on your computer.
The following is a guide to installing new fonts on a Windows 10 computer. There are two methods that can be used, namely installing fonts individually and installing fonts in bulk.
TIPS: You can get beautiful fonts for free at Google Fonts, Dafont, or Font Squirrel.
#1 How to install fonts on Windows 10
1. Open the font file (usually OTF or TTF format).
2. A preview of the font will appear, click the button Install.
3. Wait until the process is complete. This window will disappear automatically.
If the font is already installed but the option is not available in a particular program, please restart the program. Sometimes you also need to restart the computer.
The method above is only suitable for installing one or two fonts. What if you want to install dozens or even hundreds of fonts at once?
#2 How to install LOTS of fonts on Windows 10 at once
1. Open menu Startsearch and launch Font settings.
2. Drag and drop the font file you want to install from File Explorer into the column Add fonts.
3. Wait for the process to finish.
4. When finished, you can find the font in the column Available fonts.
If you change your mind, you can remove it by going to Font settings > select font name > click Uninstall > Confirm Uninstall.
Please note, the fonts that were installed as a bundle when uninstalled will also disappear all (a set).
Those are two easy ways to install new fonts in Windows 10. For you typography fans, check them out too 4 Ways to Know the Fonts Used on a Website.