Instagram can be used to send private messages, also known as direct messages (DM). Regarding this direct message, there is one feature that you should try, namely the chat theme feature.
The chat theme feature makes direct messages more colorful so that replying to chat will be more fun because the theme used is more lively. If you don’t know how to change it, please refer to the following tutorial until it’s finished.
1. Open the app Instagram on your cellphone, then tap DM icon in the top right corner.
2. Choose one DM which you want to change the chat theme.
3. Tap details icon in the top right corner.
4. Tap update messaging to open chat themes.
5. Tap update.
6. Features chat theme will automatically appear in the details menu, please tap.
7. There are many choices of chat themes, please you scroll down.
8. Choose a theme by tapping on it, for example Doctor Strange.
9. The chat theme you choose will appears in the details menu.
10. Open Instagram DM you change the chat theme and you will find the selected chat theme is active as shown below.
Please note, the chat theme is only valid for one DM only. This means that the chat theme will not apply (active) to all DMs. So, make sure you choose a specific chat that you want to change the chat theme for.
That’s how to change the Instagram DM theme so it’s not boring, hopefully it’s useful.