How to Disable Google Chrome Automatic Updates
Google Chrome regularly provides updates automatically even if you don’t realize it. This update aims to fix bugs, add features, and improve security.
But this also consumes internet bandwidth and can make Chrome’s new look uncomfortable for you.
Here’s how to disable automatic updates on desktop Chrome and Android. Even though it is turned off, manual updates can still be done.
How to disable Chrome PC automatic update
1. Open it Start Menu then search run.
2. After that type msconfig then click OK.
3. Go to tabs Services then tick Hide all Microsoft services.
4. Search Google Update Service (gupdate)/(gupdatem) then uncheck the two names. After that click OK.
5. Finally, Restart your computer to get the effect.
Once this setting is applied, Chrome’s automatic update capabilities will be lost. But you can do update Chrome manually if needed.
How to disable Chrome Android automatic update
To disable automatic updates on Chrome Android, simply go to the app’s page on Playstoretap menu iconthen uncheck the option Turn on automatic updates.
Even if automatic updates are turned off, it is highly recommended to check for updates regularly. Because it does not rule out that there is an update that is an emergency and must be installed immediately.