Have you ever made a PPT presentation slide on a personal laptop, but the font changed when it was installed on a friend’s computer?
Wellyou are not alone.
By default, PowerPoint will replace the original font with fonts available on other computers.
But this mechanism often makes the slides become messy and not harmonious anymore.
This tutorial helps you prevent the PPT font/text from changing when entered on another computer/laptop. That way it looks the same wherever the document is opened.
Here’s how to work around a changed PPT font, applicable to Microsoft PowerPoint 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, and 365.
#1 How to prevent PPT fonts from changing on other computers
1. Run PowerPoint then click File top left corner of the window.
2. Then click Options (each version may have a different placement).
3. Next click menu Save.
4. Scroll down and check Embed fonts in the filethen choose between Embed only the characters used in the presentation or Embed all characters. Finally, click OK.
What is the difference between “Embed only the characters used in the presentation” and “Embed all characters”?
Embed only the characters used in the presentation means PowerPoint only saves font files for the letters, symbols, or numbers used in the slide. Other characters that are not written are excluded.
Embed all characters includes all characters in the font, regardless of whether they are on the slide or not. Usually this mode makes the PPT file size bloated, but it is recommended.
If you are in a situation where it is no longer possible to follow the steps above, then the last resort is to install the fonts that were previously in the PowerPoint file on the new (problematic) computer.
#2 Adding font files to PowerPoint 2007
1. Click button Office in the top left corner.
2. Click PowerPoint Options.
3. Select Save between menus.
4. Check the box Embed fonts in file then choose between Embed only the characters used in the presentation or Embed all characters. Finally, click OK.
#3 Include font files in PowerPoint 2003
1. Click File then Save As.
2. Then click Tools and select Save Options.
3. then check Embed True Type Fonts.
The method described above is permanent, meaning that every time you save a new PPT document, the fonts are automatically added to it.