How to Resize Photos to 100 KB or Smaller
Changing the size of the photo so that it is smaller in fact is needed by many people. Especially those that will send 4×6 or 3×4 images.
Like currently changing profile pictures or applying for jobs online. If the image file size you download exceeds the requirements, the photo will be rejected by the system.
Fortunately, you can compress the image size quickly without having to install any application. Moreover, you can do it from your smartphone or your own computer.
In this article, we will explain how to change the size of the photo to be smaller. Changed to 100KB, 50KB, 200KB and so on.
#1 Reducing photo size with IMOnline
1. Open the web IMOnline via your smartphone or computer.
2. Tap Choose Fileselect the photo to be resized.
3. Select the target photo compression size.
4. You can also resize by percentage.
5. Ignore option Size reducing in megapixelsthis should not be changed.
5. Select Standard JPEG or Progressive JPEG the details are as follows. Generally, Progressive JPEG is slightly lighter but the quality is more or less similar to Standard JPEG.
6. In options Copy EXIF and other metadatachoose Yes or No the details are as follows. Yes if you want data such as camera type, ISO, aperture, and others to be preserved on the image to be compressed and No if you want to delete.
7. Tap OK to start compressing the image so it’s smaller. Wait for a moment.
8. When you’re done, tap download processed image to download the compressed image.
#2 Compress photos using TinyJPG
Unlike the guide above, TinyJPG doesn’t provide an option to compress photos to a specific size target. This service focuses on the smallest possible size while maintaining visual quality.
Here’s how to use it.
1. First, open the web TinyJPG.
2. Click the following area to select a photo or drag & drop photo to the area.
3. Your photos will be compressed automatically.
4. When you’re done, tap download to save the image to your device.
And that’s how to resize photos to 100KB or smaller. I hope this helps.