Adobe Photoshop has lots of features to modify photos, ranging from light to complex levels. Of course, the feature to reverse the image (mirror / mirror) is also already in this application.
So, how do you flip an object in Photoshop?
There are so many ways you can choose to reverse the image. But in this tutorial I only provide two methods for the most commonly used different scenarios.
Check out the guide!
NOTES: I’m using Adobe Photoshop CS4 in this tutorial. However, other versions of Photoshop can still follow it because the location of the menus and functions in general remain the same.
#1 How to flip an image in Photoshop
This method is very suitable if you want to reverse only one image (single layers).
1. Open the image you want to flip in Photoshop.
2. Go to Image > Image Rotation then choose Flip Canvas Horizontal or Flip Canvas Vertical.
3. When finished. Please save the image in this way File > Save or CTRL+S.
If the image you want to reverse is between a number layers, then you need to take a different path. Here’s the guide.
#2 How to flip objects in Photoshop
The following tips can be used if you want to reverse layers or certain objects. It is suitable for scenarios where there are many layers in one Photoshop project.
1. Select layers what you want to return.
2. Go to Edit > Transforms then choose between Flip Horizontal or Flip Vertical.
3. If you are satisfied, please click File > Save or CTRL+S to save the image.
In addition, there is another way that is faster, namely by select the layer > press CTRL+T > right click on the object > select Flip Horizontal or Flip Vertical as seen in the following screenshot.
That’s how to reverse an image in Photoshop (all versions). If you have trouble, don’t hesitate to ask in the comments!