Knowing that a computer is connected to the internet is not enough, data such as real-time internet upload/download speed can be very helpful for online activities.
Uniquely, there is a way to display internet speed information on the Windows 10 taskbar like the following screenshot.
If you are interested, you can also use it. But Windows 10 does not have such a feature, so we need a third-party free software called NetSpeedMonitor.
The following is a guide to getting the program, installing it, to being able to display internet speed on the taskbar.
How to show internet bandwidth on taskbar
Time Needed : 4 minutes
Through this tutorial, you will be guided to be able to run NetSpeedMonitor, because this program needs extra configuration to run smoothly on Windows 10.
- Please download NetSpeedMonitorchoose between a 32-bit or 64-bit system depending on your computer.
- Once done, right click on the installer netspeedmonitor then select Properties.
- Go to tab Compatibilitytick Run this program in compatibility mode forthen click OK.
- Next, run the installer NetSpeedMonitor then click Run.
- Click Next.
- Click Next once again.
- Tick I accept the terms in the License Agreement. Then Next.
- Please select the installation location, but you can ignore it if you want. Click Next.
- Click Install.
- Wait for the installation process to complete, then click Finish.
- Now, run nsmc located in C:\Program Files\NetSpeedMonitor
- A message like this will appear, click Yes.
- Select the internet network that is used, then Save. After that you will see internet speed information on the taskbar.
- Right click on internet bandwidth information, then Configuration.
- In section Bitratechoose KiB/s then click OK. This is a unit that is more universal and easier to understand.
The NetSpeedMonitor program will run automatically when the computer is turned on. Thus, internet speed information (bandwidth) will appear continuously as long as the computer is used.
Want faster internet? Try DNS 188.8.131.52 for Windows for smoother internet and significantly reduced latency, perfect for playing online games.
NetSpeedMonitor also helps you evaluate the amount of internet data usage during a particular day or month. That way, you can determine whether the internet package used is sufficient or not.