How to Update Windows 10 to the Latest Version with These 2 Ways
Windows 10 was released in 2015 and Microsoft named it their last operating system.
No more Windows 11 or Windows 12. Instead, Microsoft is committed to releasing update regularly.
How to update Windows 10 is not difficult. Microsoft has perfected interface-so that it is easily understood by the majority of users.
This time, Hint.ID will share how to update Windows 10 in two different options. Namely through Windows Update and manually.
How to Update Windows 10 Using Windows Update
1. Open menu Start then search Check for updates.
2. Click button Check for updates to start the search for update files.
3. If there is the latest update, Windows 10 will immediately download it and carry out the installation process.
4. After the update, usually will be asked to restart the computer. Please click Restart now.
Does Windows Update install updates automatically?
Of course. But since June 2018, Microsoft has embedded AI to choose the best time to install updates so as not to annoy users.
Sometimes, if you use your computer for intense work, Windows 10 intentionally delays the update until it finds the right time. That way, sometimes Windows Update must be initiated manually.
Windows Update not running on laptop?
Try turning off Power Saving mode, because this mode often prevents Windows Update. Power Saving mode means it saves as much battery power as possible, and some background programs are turned off — including Windows Update.
How to Update Windows 10 Manually
1. Visit Windows 10 Update History then select the version you want to install.
2. Look on the left side of the column In this releaseselect one of the updates you want, then copy the update code KBXXXXXXX.
(On this page you can also see the contents of the update.)
3. Next, visit the site Microsoft Update Catalogthen paste the code KBXXXXXXX was in the search field.
4. Then select the type of computer architecture and product (for an explanation, scroll down), then click the button Download.
5. A new window will open containing a download link for the update. Click the link to start the download process.
When finished, you can run the update file and the installation process begins immediately.
What are x86 and x64?
Is a processor architecture that also refers to the operating system. Simply put, x86 represents 32-bit Windows while x64 is 32-bit Windows. Please read How to tell if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit.
What is ARM64?
It is a type of ARM processor that is often used in industrial, automotive, and medical purposes. If you are a commercial computer user, such as Intel, AMD, and Snapdragon, then this option is not for you.
What are Products?
Microsoft only separates between regular Windows 10 and Windows Server. Both Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro are categorized as Windows 10 in this segment.
To accelerate the update process, please read the guide on how to speed up Windows 10 updates by up to 2 times
That’s how to update Windows 10, either through the automatic path or the manual way.
Not all roads are smooth, maybe you have problems following the guide above. Feel free to ask questions in the comments column below.